For those who celebrate Christmas, hope you all have a wonderful day. I feel lucky and happy to be home and relaxing. I took some pictures of my tree and also snapped a shot of some snowfall in my backyard! Merry Christmas!!!
I luckily had no “real” finals during finals week, so I got to head home to Chicago early on the 11th of December. The last week of school was very stressful, I had three written exams, one of them being French which I dread, and a presentation of my research project I had been working on all semester in English. I was very proud to be done with finals and overall I did pretty well in my first semester.
Before I left I got to register for Spring semester classes! Everyone says that they didn’t get the schedule they wanted, but I think UD does an good job at getting kids the classes they want. I lucked out with my classes, and my earliest class is at 9:30, which isn’t that bad. A little word of advice, UD gives priority to kids with incoming credits, so do well on your AP tests!
Coming home is always nice, but not when it is 27 degrees! My hometown of Saint Charles is much colder than any weather I have experienced in Newark, so that was a shock. Although it is bone chilling here, there still is no snow! Once there is snow on the ground (which I guarantee will happen) and our Christmas tree is decorated I will post pictures! Until then I am going to continue relaxing at home and sleeping more than I should, which is the best way to start out the holiday season.
I’m officially a second semester freshman at UD!!! I can’t believe I did it, I really do feel accomplished. I thought I would reflect a little and give some secret tips to getting through first semester, registering for classes, and surviving finals week.
How to get through your first semester happily…
1. Don’t take 18 credits, you don’t know what the classes are like. Stick with around 14.
2. Be nice to everyone, you never know who may become your friend.
3. Go to class! Seriously, and take notes.
4. Locate Health Services, I can’t name 5 people who aren’t sick right now.
5. Find a designated nap time. You will be busier than you ever were before.
How to register for spring semester without pulling your hair out…
1. Meet with your advisor!!!
2. Bookmark the UD Catalog and make it your best friend.
3. Find out what you have to take for your major online! No one told me any of this!
And finally, how to get through finals week alive…
1. Not cramming. If you went to class and took notes you know more than you think.
2. Go to Club Morris, our fabulous library. It’s silent and amazing. I even follow them on twitter.
3. Take one subject at a time and try not to freak out.
I am so excited to come back in the Spring and take my new classes! I really like my schedule and am confident to return in February. Until next time, I wish everyone a happy holiday season!